We really enjoyed the finished product that aired on America’s Heartland this week.
Thank you all for the wonderful comments, Tweets, and messages. We had so much fun when the guys came out to gather the footage and we got a couple really good laughs while watching the finished product.
If you missed the segment on TV you can check it out here.
I shared the video with my students this week and they appreciated the broken nail incident. Some of my students have witnessed me breaking a nail (not to mention bad hair days) while at school, so I think they understand my concern since my nail file and hairspray were nowhere in sight. Nowhere!
A few things I realized while watching the segment:
1. It’s windy in Kansas. Windy, windy, windy!
2. I need to make myself start running again. That, or I should hire a trainer–one who could yell orders at me while also cleaning and decorating the house. And do laundry. And cook. I’m accepting applications.
Maybe I should just keep walking with the mutts.
3. I think I want some window treatments in my kitchen. This ought to be interesting since interior design is another Holly Homemaker skill of which I lack.
4. All gnomes need to be purged from the house. I could’ve sworn I hid all of them while cleaning the house before the cameras showed up. You probably won’t notice the little guy, but I saw him. Those little suckers are sneaky!
5. Swirls the Cat was nowhere in sight. Hmmm…I wonder why.
6. Who needs manicures? Not me!
7. The Farm Wives group is such an asset to many women in our county and I’m so blessed to be a part of it. If you are interested in joining or just visiting the group, call our McPherson County Extension Office. You don’t even have to be a farm wife and I promise it’ll be worth your time. Besides, there’s snacks!
8. I have a pretty awesome husband who deals with me on a daily basis and is up for the adventures that come our way. I love that man and I thank God for him everyday.
Which brings us to the housekeeping…
I was a little overzealous when it came to Christmas stocking-stuffers this year. I made a few too many calendars and purchased too many extra goodies for our families. So many, in fact, that I could stay very busy in the kitchen if I ever get a snow day (or two or six) and use the calendars to mark the days I gain weight from the goodies I consume while being snowed in.
Multiple calendars haunting me with weight gain numbers is not necessary.
Let’s be honest, it is technically winter. Sooner or later I’m going to have a snow day and I need to get some of these tempting treats out of my house and I’d rather my calendar be used instead of collecting dust.
So… I’m sending a calendar that’s full of Kansas scenes that were captured in 2011 that you have not seen on the blog–or maybe one or two that you have seen…
…PLUS I’ll throw in some amazing bags of muffin mix and pancake mix from a McPherson business–The Old Muffin Factory.
The rules are very simple. Just leave a comment that answers the question:
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word KANSAS?
The winner will be randomly drawn by Swirls the Cat. If he’s busy eating–or unconscious–I’ll have the computer make the selection.
Behave, be nice, and be ready to get a package in the mail with a thank you card from my scale!
The winner will be selected on the night of Thursday, January 26th and I’ll let everyone know the winner that Friday.